Below are just a FEW of the many accomplishments we have made under his leadership:
- He wrote the first constitution for the church
- Established a food bank and clothes closet
- Organized the board of Christian Education
- Secured an occupant permit and named and dedicated the Aaron McCombs Education Building in August 1982
- During his first year at the church 139 persons were united raising the membership roll to over 900 members
- A Federal Credit Union was established and opened for business
- A Child Development Center (CDC) was opened and the church received a tax-exempt number
- Eleven ministers were licensed and ordained to the gospel ministry
- Additional expansion and renovation was done to the building
- A bus ministry was organized
- Purchased other vacant properties that were near the church for church usage
- Adopted and helped to build a church in Jamaica which was dedicated in 2004
- Hired a full time Minister of Music for the church
- Established a stronger ministry with the Mission Board. Our Mission Board established a new partnership with AmeriHealth for District of Columbia.
- Organized Sign Language Ministry for church services.
- Again, looking to further the cause of Kingdom building, Pastor shared with the congregation his vision to “Embrace A Vision” to expand classroom space for more members to study God’s word in bible study and Sunday School classes. More space is also needed for our youth and Mission Ministries.
A building permit was issued to the church for the new construction in 2006.
Phase 1 of the construction was completed in 2011.
Phase 2 of the program was started in 2015 and is now in process
A letter offering the funds needed for this phase was given by Union First Market Bank.
Phase 2 will consist of expansion of the daycare center and completion of a new fellowship hall.
This was a historical year (2017) in the life of the church. We celebrated the 110th Anniversary of the church and the 35th Pastoral Anniversary of Pastor Shaw. A grand occasion it was.
We, the Paramount family will continue to grow with the many changes and improvements with the guidance of our Pastor, Rev. Dr. Ishmael L. Shaw. We continue to seek God's guidance to take us higher and higher in his work.
- << Prev